Who cannot forget the day when the Spice Girls burst on to the music scene with their first-ever hit ‘Wannabe' 25 years ago this July. And to celebrate this momentous anniversary (8 July), leading spicy vegan cheeze brand Mexicana Vegan has teamed up with the UK's leading high-street hardware retailer Robert Dyas and five Instagram influencers to launch the ‘Spice Grills' competition.
The competition will give one lucky winner every day from 5-9 July the chance to win a grilled cheese machine from Robert Dyas as each influencer unveils the five Spice Girl-inspired Spice Grills, which will include Sporty Spice Grill, Baby Spice Grill, Ginger Spice Grill, Posh Spice Grill and Scary Spice Grill. Each Spice Grill will feature ingredients that are reflective of the personality of each Spice Girl and the first Spice Grill to be unveiled will be the Sporty Spice Grill.
Lisa Harrison, Senior Brand Manager for Mexicana Vegan, said; "It's hard to believe that it's 25 years since the launch of ‘Wannabe', which brought us the Spice Girls and Girl Power and inspired a whole new generation of girl bands.
"We thought it would be great to celebrate the Spice Girls 25th anniversary and we have teamed up with Robert Dyas, the UK's leading high-street hardware retailer, to launch the ‘Spice Grills' campaign where we team up with five foodie Instagram influencers that will feature five ‘Spice Grills' with ingredients that reflect the individual personality of each Spice Girl and also feature our very own spicy Mexicana Vegan cheeze melted in a ‘Spice Grill' in a grilled cheese machine.
"We launched Mexicana Vegan block cheeze in Asda last July as a plant-based alternative to the UK's number one spicy cheese, Mexicana. It contains the same fiery spice mix and real bell and jalapeño peppers as its famous dairy cousin.
"Mexicana Vegan block cheeze proved so popular - and award winning - with vegans, vegetarians and flexitarians* that Mexicana Vegan Slices launched in Sainsbury's and Waitrose at the start of this year. Its popularity is in no small part due to its excellent ‘M-Factor' - how well it melts like its dairy cheese counterparts so it's the perfect addition to toasties, paninis, jacket potatoes and enchiladas for consumers looking for a plant-based alternative.
"And it only seemed appropriate that with such a spicy vegan cheeze brand celebrating a year since its launch, it should also celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Spice Girls, a band that like our spicy cheeze really does ‘embrace life'."
Melissa Titshall, Head of Marketing for Robert Dyas, said: "We're really excited to be taking part in this competition with Mexicana to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Spice Girls. We've been furnishing the nation's kitchens with toastie makers for decades and have seen a phenomenal increase in demand for them during lockdown as people look for alternative ways to make lunch. They're a great way to make life easier when it comes to cooking and they deliver delicious results. Even if you're no Jamie Oliver, you can always rely on a trusty toastie maker to create a tasty meal for you and your family."
To take part in the competition and to have a chance of winning one of five grilled cheese machines, follow these simple steps:
- Head over to the @mexicanacheese IG page
- Follow @mexicanacheese & @robertdyas
- Look out for the repost of this video.
- Tag 2 friends who love spicy cheese in the comments for the chance to win a toastie maker and a case of Mexicana® Vegan.
Winners will be revealed on the @Mexicanacheese page on 12th July.
T&Cs in the @MexicanaCheese bio.
#MexicanaVegan #SpiceGrills #Wannabe25 #SpiceGirls #EmbraceLife #EmbraceLife "
Please read Terms and conditions below:
1. The Promoter is Norseland Limited, Somerset Road, Ilchester BA22 8JL (the ‘Promoter')
2. The Promoter is offering those who enter a chance to win 1 of 5 Robert Dyas® toastie makers and 1 case of Mexicana® Vegan Slices
3. The promotion is open to entries from 10.00 am on 5th July 2021 until on 9th July 2021 11:59 pm.
4. Any entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be rejected. Any entries containing offensive or inappropriate content will not be taken into consideration.
5. To submit a valid entry, you are required to follow both Mexicana® and Robert Dyas®, comment and tag two profiles on the Mexicana® Vegan Spice Grills competition post on Instagram.
6. Entrants must send entries as required in the contest announcement to be eligible.
7. Entries received after the deadline set forth in the contest announcement will not be considered.
8. All winners will be selected at random under the supervision of an independent person. The winners will be selected on 12th July 2021 and be contacted via private message. Winners will be announced on the @Mexicanacheese page on 12th July.
9. Individuals are permitted to enter once per day of the competition.
10. By entering the contest, you consent to Norseland Ltd. storing and processing the information you submit for the purposes of the outlined marketing promotional activity. We will not share your data with third parties unless legally required to do so.
11. By entering the contest, you acknowledge and agree that Norseland Ltd. may make any content you submit for this contest available for public viewing, rating and commenting.
12. Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the contest at any time and without notice.