Agave-Sweetened Raspberry Sorbet
125ml Agave Nectar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Paste (or 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract)
- In a saucepan, bring the raspberries, agave & water to a boil. Reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer until the raspberries have fully disintegrated and the mix has thickened slightly.
- Strain through a sieve to get rid of the seeds & stir in your vanilla extract or paste. Add more or less depending on how much you like vanilla!
- Let the mixture cool and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour.
- Prepare according to your ice-cream maker’s instructions or, place in a tray in the freezer, stirring by hand every 30 minutes for the first two hours to avoid crystallisation. After a few hours, transfer to a deeper tin, cover with foil and let the finished product firm up in the freezer for a few hours, ideally over night. If you skip this step you’ll still have delicious sorbet, but the scoops won’t hold their shape.
- Serve with a few extra raspberries as garnish & enjoy!