These are not your average breakfast muffins: not only are they deliciously moist, they’re also delicately spicy and have a wonderful crunchy topping. The Coconom ginger coconut sugar lends a butterscotch accent to these muffins, making them the perfect weekend breakfast treat.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas mark 4. Line or grease 9 muffins tins.
- Prepare the streusel topping: mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside for now.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana. Add the milk, vanilla extract and vegetable oil.
- Fold the flour, baking powder, sugar and ginger powder. Mix briefly until no lumps remain, but
do not over mix as this can cause the batter to toughen up. The batter should be quite thick.
- Fill the lined/greased muffins tins with the batter. Cover the tops generously with the streusel
topping. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the edges are gold and firm.
- Cool on a wire rack. Enjoy straight away, or keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.