“Cheesy” Leek & Broccoli Filling
1 tsp Oil
1 Leek, halved lengthwise and chopped finely
Approx 100 g/3.5oz (Tenderstem) Broccoli, roughly chopped
1/4 C + 2 Tbsp Cashews, soaked
1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 Tbsp Lemon juice
2 Tbsp Arrowroot
1/2 C Water
Press-in Pie Crust
1/2 C Almond flour
1/2 C Oat flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1-1/2 Tbsp Chilled coconut oil
2 Tbsp (+1/2 Tbsp) Cold water
Prepare the crust first.
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F. Lightly grease 3 tartlet tins with coconut oil.
- Stir together dry ingredients then cut in coconut oil with a fork, until crumbly. Add water 1 Tbsp at a time, until you can form a ball with the mixture with your hands. Divide the dough into 3 and press evenly into the prepared tins until it evenly covers the base and sides. Prick all over with a fork to prevent it puffing up.
- Pre-bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
While the crust is baking, prepare the filling.
- Sauté the leeks in the oil over medium heat for approx 10 minutes, stirring often. Add the broccoli, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Blend together the remaining ingredients, except pepper (cashews through to water) and mix with the leeks and broccoli. Season with black pepper, to taste. Spoon the filling into the pre-baked crusts.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Place under the grill/broil for 1-2 minutes to brown tops (optional). Cool briefly before removing from the tins and serve warm or cold.
Note: To make one 8-9” tart to serve 6, double the ingredients, pre-bake the crust for 25 minutes then bake filled tart for 30-40 minutes.