Chickpea Mayo Sandwich Filler (Vegan Tuna Mayo)
400 g tinned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
120 g tinned sweetcorn, drained
4 tbsp vegan mayo
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp dill
1 tsp capers
1 tsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp nori sheet flakes
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and transfer into a bowl.
- Using a fork, mash them until mostly broken down.
- Add the vegan mayo, lemon juice, dill, capers, nutritional yeast and Dijon mustard and stir until fully combined.
- Crumble the nori sheets flakes into the mixture and mix in, along with half a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Taste and season as required with salt and pepper.
- Use as the perfect sandwich filling and enjoy!
This recipe was kindly provided by Let’s Eat Smart and originally published at: https://www.letseatsmart.com/chickpea-mayo-sandwich-filler-vegan-tuna-mayo/