Chocolate Orange Mousse
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 4/5 Tablespoons of cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- 3 Tablespoons of maple syrup (depending on how sweet you want this dessert)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of orange extract
- 1 Bar of 70% dark chocolate
- 4 Large oranges (to serve)
Tip: Refrigerate the Coconut Milk overnight for best results.
- Wash and carefully scoop/cut out the middle of the oranges. You can place the scooped out orange into a container and enjoy as a snack or for juicing for a vitamin c boost drink.
- Melt your chocolate carefully until silky smooth.
- Whilst the chocolate is hot, carefully pour some chocolate into each orange whilst working the chocolate up the edges of the oranges.This step is important as the chocolate helps to seal whatever is placed inside the orange. Place the oranges in the freezer whilst you make the mousse.
- Open the can of chilled coconut cream and carefully drain out the clear liquid, we only want the white cream.
- Transfer the coconut cream into a bowl along with 1 & 1/2 teaspoons of orange extract, and whisk by hand or with an electric mixer/food processor.
- Slowly add in the cocoa powder and maple syrup and whisk until light & fluffy.
- You can spoon the mousse into the oranges, but I like to pipe it in for a smooth & clean finish.
- Decorate with a drizzle of left over melted chocolate, grated chocolate and a slice of juicy orange. You can always sprinkle on some chopped hazelnuts for added protein & tasty crunch.
Keep stored in a sealed container in the fridge.
This mousse will keep well in the fridge for up to 3 days.