Creamy Avocado Pesto Pasta
1 1/2 cups fresh basil
1/4 cup hemp seeds (shell-free)
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1 medium avocado, halved and seed removed
16 ounces spaghetti noodles (or any pasta you prefer!)
lemon slices, for squeezing + garnish
hemp seeds, for garnish
- In a food processor or high speed blender combine the basil, hemp seeds, lemon juice, garlic, pepper and salt.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and scoop the avocado into the mixture and process until creamy. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the noodles until al dente, then drain.
- Pour the avocado pesto sauce into the pasta and toss to coat evenly. Garnish with a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of hemp seeds. Serve + enjoy!
Note: Leftovers last in the fridge up to about a week.