Curry-Roasted Cauliflower with Coconut Raita
For the cauliflower
1 cauliflower, broken into small
florets and saving the outer leaves
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
3 poppadoms, plus extra to serve
Salt and black pepper
Mango chutney, to serve
For the courgette coconut raita
200g unsweetened vegan
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
¼ courgette, finely grated
Small handful of mint
leaves, roughly chopped, saving
some whole leaves to garnish
Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a side
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a roasting tin with the spices, some salt and pepper and the coconut oil, then mix everything together so that the cauliflower is evenly coated.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and mix in the cauliflower leaves, tearing up any that look too big.
- Place back in the oven to roast for a further 10 minutes until everything is soft and slightly charred.
- Meanwhile, mix together all the raita ingredients in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven, add the lime juice (reserved from making the raita) and crunch the poppadoms on top.
- Serve with the raita, mango chutney and poppadoms and garnish with the whole mint leaves.
Recipe taken from: Rachel Ama’s Vegan Eats (Ebury Press, £20. Photography by Haarala Hamilton)