Homemade Cashew Cream Cheese
60g plain cashew nuts, soaked in hot water for at least an hour
1tbsp garlic-infused oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Pinch of dried rosemary
- Soak cashews in hot water for 1 hour at least
- Drain the cashews and add into a high-powered blender
- Add the oil, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar.
- Blend until it has formed a smooth, thick paste that resembles cream cheese. If it is too thick, then add a little warm water.
- Transfer to a small dish and sprinkle over the dried rosemary.
- Serve on a hot bagel with red onion marmalade or use as a substitute to cream cheese in any other dish!
Note: The garlic-infused oil can be substituted for one tablespoon of plain rapeseed or olive oil and one small crushed clove of garlic but the taste from the garlic will be stronger.
This recipe was kindly provided by The Tofu Diaries and originally published at: http://natalietamara.co.uk/2016/02/20/vegan-cashew-cream-cheese/