Homemade Cashew Cream Cheese
60g plain cashew nuts, soaked in hot water for at least an hour
1tbsp garlic-infused oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Pinch of dried rosemary
- Soak cashews in hot water for 1 hour at least
- Drain the cashews and add into a high-powered blender
- Add the oil, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar.
- Blend until it has formed a smooth, thick paste that resembles cream cheese. If it is too thick, then add a little warm water.
- Transfer to a small dish and sprinkle over the dried rosemary.
- Serve on a hot bagel with red onion marmalade or use as a substitute to cream cheese in any other dish!
Note: The garlic-infused oil can be substituted for one tablespoon of plain rapeseed or olive oil and one small crushed clove of garlic but the taste from the garlic will be stronger.