Make the Pastry
- In a food processor/stand mixer add the flour, butter, water, vanilla extract, sugar and mix until combined.
- Place the dough into cling film and pop into the fridge for an hour to chill & firm up.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees c and line 2 baking trays with grease proof paper.
- Flour your work surface and roll out the dough until around 1/4 inch thick and use a knife or pizza cutter to cut out pop tart squares.
- Place the individual squares onto the lined baking tray and brush some dairy-free milk over half of the the cut pastry square edges.
- Place a tablespoon of the mincemeat in the centre of each square, leaving around 1/4 inch to seal the edges with dairy-free milk, then top off with another pastry square.
- Press the edges firmly together with a fork and prick the tops of the pop tarts for ventilation while baking. Make sure they are sealed or they will burst/leak when baking.
Repeat for all of the pop tarts.
- Pop the pastries into the oven and bake for around 15-18 minutes until fully baked.
- Once baked, place the pop tarts onto a cooling rack.
They are best enjoyed day of making, warm with a dusting of icing sugar. You could even mix some icing sugar and vanilla extra in a bowl for a quick & easy glaze.
Store in a sealed container.