Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Tartlets
For the Base
200g of plain flour (I use gluten-free)
100g of coconut oil (Melted)
5 tablespoons of maple syrup
For the Filling
150g of cashew nuts
(soaked overnight and drained)
50g of coconut oil (Melted)
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
250g of strawberries
Dairy-free white chocolate
Vegan pink food colouring
To make the crusts
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees c and line a mini tartlet tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, melted coconut oil and maple syrup.
Mix and bring together with your hands until a dough forms.
- Press the dough into the lined tins, prick with a fork and pop into the oven to bake for 9-10 minutes, until golden in colour.
Allow to cool fully before filling.
To make the filling
- Place the drained cashew nuts, coconut oil, maple syrup and strawberries in a food processor/blender and whizz up on high until smooth.
This will take around 5 minutes.
- Pour into the mini tart cases and level.
Pop back into the freezer to set.
This will take around 2-3 hours. I like to allow mine to set overnight.
- Defrost fully and serve with fresh strawberries. I also added on some dairy-free white chocolate dyed pink. It looks really effective.
Tip: The cashew nuts need to be soaked overnight in water. Just make sure the water is covering the nuts!
This recipe was kindly provided by The Little Blog of Vegan and originally published at: http://www.thelittleblogofvegan.com/2018/01/mini-strawberry-cheesecake-tartlets.html