Oreo Stuffed Cookies
2tbsp ground flaxseed
+ 6tbsp water
230g plain flour
1/2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
100g granulated sugar
100g light brown sugar
120ml vegetable oil
8 whole Oreos
80g broken Oreos
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C.
- In a small container mix your ground flaxseed with the 6tbsp water and put to one side to thicken up.
- Weigh out all of your dry ingredients (except the Oreos) into a large bowl and stir together.
- Into your dry ingredients, add the oil, vanilla and flax-egg, stir together. Bring the cookie dough together with your hands so all the ingredients are perfectly combined!
- Break off around a third of the dough and divide this into 8 small blobs. Place these doughy chunks on a lined baking tray – allowing lots of space – and squash them intocircles so they’re big enough to fit an Oreo on top – proceed to pop your Oreos on top!
- Divide your remaining dough into another 8 pieces and squash these pieces over the top of your Oreos so they are completely encased.
- Take your broken Oreo pieces (I like to use both classic and golden) and stud the top of your cookie dough circles.
- Pop your cookie tray into your pre-heated oven. They should take around 8-10 minutes to cook.
- A few minutes before they’re fully cooked take them out of the oven and tap the tray on a work surface to flatten the cookies out, then put them back in the oven. They’re ready when they’re golden and crisp around the edges.
- Be patient and leave your cookies on the tray to cool for at least 10 minutes after removing them from the oven! They should be a perfect combination of crisp, chewy and of course, stuffed with Oreos.
This recipe was kindly provided by Obviously Vegan and originally published at: https://obviouslyvegan.com/2017/10/23/recipe-oreo-stuffed-cookies/