100g dried flat rice noodles
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp tamarind paste
1 tbsp light muscovado sugar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2.5cm piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and cut into thin strips
½ red onion, thinly sliced
¼ tsp ground turmeric
100g firm tofu, crumbled
120g prepared stir-fry vegetable mix (such as carrots, beansprouts, Asian greens, etc.)
1 tbsp chopped peanuts and chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
2 lime wedges, to serve
- Soak the noodles in cold water for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Put the soy sauce, tamarind and sugar in a bowl and mix together, then leave to one side.
- Put a non-stick wok over a high heat. When hot, add the oil, garlic and ginger, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion, turmeric and tofu, and stir-fry for 4–5 minutes or until the tofu becomes crispy.
- Add the vegetable mix and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Lift the noodles out of the water and put directly into the wok. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, then add the tamarind sauce mix and 2 tbsp water.
- Stir-fry for another 2–3 minutes or until the noodles are soft and coated in the thickened liquid, then garnish with peanuts and coriander.
- Serve with lime wedges.