Playful Pizza with Miso BBQ Aubergine…
1 Sweetpea Pantry Playful
Pizza Dough Mix
2 large flat mushrooms
1 tin chickpeas
2 tbsp miso
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tbsp liquid smoke
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp oil, plus more for cooking
1 tbsp soy sauce
3 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic granules
1/2 tsp salt
Passata, red onion, olives etc for
Playful Pizza with Miso BBQ Aubergine, Mushroom & Smoky Chickpea Topping
- Make up the pizza dough according to the pack instructions and then prepare the toppings while the dough rises.
- Cut the aubergine into 1 cm thick rounds. Slice the mushrooms.
- In a small bowl combine the miso, tomato paste, maple syrup, liquid smoke, crushed garlic, oil and soy sauce and mix well.
- Heat a frying pan to medium high.
- Brush each side of the aubergine slices with the sauce and fry in the pan with a little oil until brown on both sides. Set aside.
- After the aubergine is cooked use the same pan to cook the mushrooms. When they are nearly cooked through add the remaining sauce to the pan and cook, stirring for another minute. Set aside.
- In a clean pan heat 1 tbsp oil on a high heat. Drain the chickpeas and add to the pan. Cook, stirring, until they start to make popping sounds and then add the smoked paprika, garlic granules and salt. Cook for another minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough into 2 pizza bases and place onto floured trays. Spread each pizza with passata, you can add your favourite vegan cheese if you like, and then arrange your mushrooms, aubergine, slices of red onion and olives over the top. Top with the chickpeas. Bake in a preheated oven at 220C for about 10 minutes.
- Any extra chickpeas can be eaten as they are or roasted on a tray in the oven for 5-10 minutes until beginning to crisp.