Raw Hazelnut & Coconut Bliss Balls
For the Bliss Balls (makes 20)
300g dates or date paste
30g cocoa powder
2 tbsp Date Nectar
For the Hazelnut ‘Fererro Rocher’ style balls:
50g roasted chopped hazelnuts
For the Coconut ‘Bounty’ style balls:
80g desiccated coconut
30g for coating
- Place date paste or pitted dates and cocoa powder in a blender.
- Blend together date paste and cocoa powder, gradually adding the date nectar until fully combined. The mixture should clump together to form a smooth and malleable paste.
- Separate the date mixture into two halves.
To make the Hazelnut ‘Ferrero Rocher’ style balls
- Place half of the date paste mixture into a medium sized bowl, add chopped hazelnuts and mix until combined. Roll into walnut piece size balls.
To make Coconut ‘Bounty’ style balls
- Blend desiccated coconut and half of the reserved date paste mixture together until combined.
- In a separate bowl, place the remaining desiccated coconut.
- Scoop out a walnut piece size of the coconut and date paste mixture and shape into balls. Roll the balls in the coconut until fully coated.
Date bliss balls are very easy to make. They are a great match with a wide range of flavours.
Feel free to experiment with other ingredients as well – here are some of our suggestions:
- berry and coconut
- cocoa and orange
- coconut and lemon
- coffee and cocoa
- peanut butter
- almonds and sea salt