Vegan Sweet Potato Brownies
300g sweet potatoes
120g hemp seed butter or your favourite nut butter
25g cacao powder
3tbsp Sweet Freedom Fruit Syrup (add more if you like for added sweetness)
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / gas mark 4.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil on the hob. Roughly chop the unpeeled sweet potatoes into large chunks and add to the pan. Reduce the heat slightly and simmer for around 15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are cooked through and easy to mash.
- In the meantime, line a small baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Drain the sweet potatoes in a colander and rinse with cold water. Peel away the skins - these should come off easily now - and mash the peeled sweet potatoes well.
- Add the hemp butter or nut butter to a large heat-proof mixing bowl and gently heat until fully melted, either in the microwave or over a pan of hot water. Stir in the cacao powder and Sweet Freedom Fruit Syrup followed by the sweet potato mash. Mix well.
- Spoon the mixture out into the lined baking tin and pop in the oven for around 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from the baking tin and placing on a cooling rack. Once the brownies have fully cooled, cut into slices and store in the fridge.
- Remove from the heat, stir into the large bowl with the salad, and serve with a sprinkling of the toasted pecans and coconut.