White Chocolate and Raspberry Tart
For the crust
200g of plain biscuits (I use GF Digestives)
6 tablespoons of dairy-free butter/margarine
For the chocolate filling
300g of dairy-free white chocolate
1 can of coconut milk (cream only)
For the raspberry swirl
20g of fresh raspberries
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
To make the crust
- Line a 23cm tart tin with greaseproof paper.
- Place the biscuits into a food processor/ blender and whizz up until crumb-like.
- Melt the butter/margarine and pour into the biscuits and mix together until like wet sand.
- Firmly press the biscuit mixture into the lined tin until its compact.
Place into the fridge or freezer whilst you make the filling.
To make the chocolate filling
- Open a can of coconut milk, drain the clear liquid part and only use the thick white cream.
- Place the cream and chocolate into a medium-sized saucepan, and heat on medium until they're combined. Allow to sit for a few minutes then stir together. The cream will meltthe chocolate.
- Pour the filling onto the crust and level with a spoon or offset spatula.
Place into the fridge whilst you make the raspberry topping.
To make the raspberry swirl
- Place the raspberries into a medium-sized saucepan, adding in the lemon juice.
- Simmer on low until the raspberries begin to soften, then mash with a fork.
Once cooked, leave it to cool, then pop it into the fridge for 30 minutes to thicken.
- Swirl the raspberry compote over the tart. I used a toothpick.
Place into the freezer for 2-3 hours, or until set.
Serve and enjoy.
I served my tart with fresh raspberries and white chocolate shavings.
Store in a sealed container in the freezer and best eaten within a few days.
This recipe was kindly provided by The Little Blog of Vegan and originally published at: http://www.thelittleblogofvegan.com/2019/03/no-bake-white-chocolate-raspberry-tart.html